Sunday, November 8, 2009

Backyard Petting Zoo

Jason and I are always telling people how we see more wildlife in our backyard than we did our whole trip to Yellowstone. And while we might be exaggerating just a bit, check out how close JR got to this mule deer tonight. Sure didn't have anything like that happening at Yellowstone. I actually thought for a minute that this little guy was going to let JR touch him! He was so cute I wanted to ask Jason if we could start feeding him like a pet, but then decided against it since I really don't need anymore males in (or around) my house. I know the pictures are terrible as it was just turning dusk, but I promise I tried every setting on my camera. Unfortunately, these are the best I could get. Good Picture Takers cringe away.








5 comments:

Shelly said...

Love that last photo! It really shows the personality of both JR and the deer. :-)

Anonymous said...

That poor thing wouldn't last long around here with the opening of deer season. Cute pictures. MR

Joseph said...

the house i used to live at here in ann arbor used to have deer in the yard all the time. my roommate judy wanted to put a salt lick out for them until another one of my roommates mentioned that, you know, deer carry ticks and lime disease. suddenly didn't seem so cute

GS said...

Too cute - is he in your back yard or are you all in his.

Mendi said...

And they carry something that moms fear the most....LICE! Stay away, far, far away! Admire from a distance!!