Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Desperate Times

Call for desperate measures. And I don't think I've ever seen such a desperate measure used by my husband. Let me back up and start at yesterday's naptime. I noticed Kyle had been using the same pacifier for a few days, but hadn't really given it much thought. Around naptime I discovered that Kyle had chewed his pacifier away from the "handle". Not thinking much of it, I threw the pacifier away since he had 3 others to choose from. Little did I know that Kyle had decided he will only use a certain kind of pacifier now. (There go Jason's picky genes making my life difficult again.) The other 3 pacifiers he had to choose from were not worthy to be used, not even in emergency situations. As I laid them down for their naps, I figured he'd eventually get tired of fussing about it, and pick up one of the other 3 pacifiers. Nope. He wouldn't even pick the others up, except to throw them out of the crib and across the room. (There go my flair for the dramatics genes making my life difficult again.) I made an emergency call to Jason explaining he had to stop on the way home to buy a specific pacifier. (The clear kind, not the flesh colored kind.) Jason didn't quite understand why the need for a specific pacifier, but after he heard the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the background, I'm pretty sure a sleepless night was passing before his eyes. And just how desperate was my husband to make sure he got a full nights sleep? Just check out Kyle's new pacifier.

No, your eyes do not deceive you, nor have I photoshopped anything in this picture. That's a pink pacifier. Obviously, there was only one (and I mean one) package of Kyle's pacifiers left in the store. I can't even imagine Jason buying them. But, Woo-hoo, finally, something pink in my house!

6 comments:

GS said...

And by the look on Kyle's face, pink was not in the least bit offensive. You go, Kyle, stick to you guns - sounds like you have the best of both when it comes to the inherited genes. BTW, does Reed sleep through all this or is he in the back ground egging him on.

Lynsay said...

Hehe! In the years in the Jing Jason never caved for the oh so manly purses and purples and pinks that make up a mans wardrobe here? Love the pacifier though! I'm terrible at checking out peoples blogs but you always make me laugh so I had to skim through today! Trust me, there is nothing to miss in the post snow mud that has transformed this city right now!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending Kyle a pink purse as soon as possible. Maw Maw

Friedt Family said...

Pink IS the new black you know....perhaps Jason is more fashion forward than we know??!

Anonymous said...

Power in the Pink!
Lu

Lori said...

I understand completely! Madison will only take Avent pacifiers (probably because she fed on Avent bottles). She has a whole stash of pacifiers in her kitchen drawer but she only plays with them - never puts them in her mouth! We are always double-checking we have one of her Avent pacifiers with us wherever we go!