Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Everything is Bigger In Texas

I used to have a t-shirt with that saying on it. I wore it bunches when we lived in China. (I really wanted the one that said "Texas is bigger than France", especially since all the French people we knew were not friendly...but I restrained myself. You know me, "Diplomacy" is my middle name.) But, unfortunately, this native Texan is worried that "everything" might not be so accurate. Seems we brought some quite small Texans with us to Colorado. Check out little Reed this morning, at 22 months his shirt is a size 18 months. Okay, that's not so bad. But look at his pants. They're 3-6 months! Not kidding. He was wearing those same pants this time last year. I saw them this morning and thought, surely these won't fit him. And as you can see, they fit him just fine. Kyle's doing a little bit better since the blue jeans you see him in here are 12 months. (On a side note, you should have seen them tearin' up the trampoline at Tiny Tots today. They are jumping machines! The teacher said kids don't usually start jumping until 2...but these two can jump like nobody's business.)

And though I don't like proving the point that maybe everything isn't bigger in Texas, I do have another example. Check out our neighbors' dog compared to Hunter. And keep in mind that Hunter is an absolute giant in the Bichon world.
This dog is 170 pounds! (And let's all remember we live in a neighborhood with no fences. That means this dog is inside all the time. ) Needless to say, I'm feelin' like we Texans aren't doing our part in proclaiming our bigness...which would actually be totally fine if everybody was telling me how teeny-tiny I looked!

5 comments:

GS said...

Love the shirt 'Big Man' - the best of all comes in small packages, right big guys. Even Hunter doesn't know he is that much smaller than the horse that lives across the street.

tina said...

hi, jan! it's been forever since i've had a chance to catch your blog - but a couple of things...

1) that dog is ridiculously big. good thing that hunter stays indoors.

2) love the new blog title "the Ingpire Strikes Back"...i literraly LOL when i saw that.

glad to see all is well and i look forward to checking back here again more regularly :)

hugs from TX!

Stacy said...

My Gabriella wasn't even on the weight charts for the longest time...she turned 3 in September, and still wears usually 18-month clothes...sometimes the 12-month pants fit her! My boys turned 5 in August, and they still have a few pants that are 24 months that fit!

Unknown said...

Love it! You always crack me up! And I think the next door dog is perfectly normal-sized. It's Hunter who is pocket-sized for your convenience. The smiles the boys gave me on Sunday literally melted my heart! And I'm sorry about grumpy Frenchies - I'm married to one of the nice ones! Sorry for the long comment!

kyle and robin said...

I think reed & kyle could fit in miles' pocket! he's almost 18 months and although he's only in the 60%ile for weight, he's off the charts for height - three months ago he was 34 in!! the 12 mo pants go around his waist, but look like man-pris on him. not really the look we like to go for. most of his stuff is 18 mo; the 24 mo jeans are cinched to the smallest adjustable waist size. that's what I get for birthing a 9lb, 7oz - 22in baby boy :)