Friday, November 13, 2009

Favorful Favor

I'm gonna say it Granny Sherry so look away..."As Joel Osteen would say, 'The favor of the Lord is upon us.' " I was picking up Harry from basketball tryouts and he ran out to tell me it would be 30 more minutes. I decided to run over to the grocery store and pick up some more pacifiers for Kyle. While in the store I figured I'd be the nice mom and also picked up a dozen sugar cookies (I was also banking they would keep everybody quiet and happy while we waited.) When I got back to the car it wouldn't even turn over. The battery was completely dead.
Now here comes the favor part:
Jason's plane had just landed and he was able to come right over and rescue us.
The cookies were even a bigger hit than I had expected. Nobody even seemed to mind that they couldn't watch Dora for the millionth-thousandth time.
JR's Leapster doesn't run on the car battery so he, too, was perfectly content.
And really, is there anyplace better than the grocery store to be stranded? (Considering Durango doesn't have a Target or a real mall, the answer is 'no'.)
So, Praise the Lord! As you can see by Reed's big smile as he ate one of his 3 cookies, it was a totally easy, noneventful, favorful "breakdown".

2 comments:

GS said...

Yes, I must agree, if you have to breakdown with the whole crew, there is not better place. You were in the Lord's flavor/I mean favor.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. MR