Thursday, November 5, 2009

So That's What They Do In There

JR got off the bus yesterday and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Mom, You don't need to look in the front pocket of my backpack. There's nothing in there today." So of course I opened his front pocket immediately and found "a white slip". (Which means he had to go to the Principal's office.) And what did I (in my amazing mom-ness) do as I read what offense my son had committed? I laughed out loud. Yep, I did. Luckily, JR wasn't paying attention at that exact moment, so I didn't blow my cover. JR's infraction? And I quote: "JR dared another student to climb on top of the toilet and look over the stall." Come on! Am I seriously supposed to get mad about that? That's hilarious, right? Of course, Jason had nearly the same reaction as I did. Unfortunately for JR, he did get in trouble at home because he lied about the incident at school, and then tried to sign my name to his white slip so he didn't have to show me.
And if you know me, you know I have the white slip signatures to share with you. Poor JR. JR, Babe, if you're going to forge a signature with bad handwriting at least sign your daddy's name...it's way more realistic.

8 comments:

GS said...

OK - Surely our sweet precious innocent little boy did not think up all these devious activities alone. He is getting some worldly advice from far more expreienced bystanders. Take it from a Granny whose finger points just a little sideways when it comes to looking for the guilt in her grandson. How do you keep a straight face and remain solemn instead of just falling out and becoming one of the boys.

Allison said...

OMG THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph said...

so adorable

Kristi said...

LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only mom experiencing this...Caleb got in trouble for talking in the day care bus line after school last week (you can't talk after school?...sheesh!) but got in trouble at home because he lied to the teacher. He tried to give it back to her later saying he found it on the ground.

Jill said...

Wow. That is hilarious! Very creative I must say...

Friedt Family said...

Too funny!! If that's the worst thing he gets sent to the principal's office for, he's golden:-) I love the attempt at the forged signature, doesn't look a THING like the JR he signed just above it:-)

Miss. Jinny said...

Oh my goodness that makes me giggle out loud! :) Smart boy you have there! :) And funny one at that! :)

Anonymous said...

Boys will be boys--and you have a houseful! to think the innocent mind believes that your signature wouldn't be noticed--LOL.
Lu