Thursday, December 17, 2009

JR Is Furious He Wasn't There

Disclaimer: This is a Jason post, which means it includes a hunting story and pictures. So if that isn't your cup o' tea, make sure and check back in tomorrow.

So Monday started off just like any other day, until I got an afternoon call from Jason telling me he might be "a little late" getting home since he was heading out...to hunt a mountain lion. Now seriously, how was I even supposed to respond to that? He explained that some "big mountain lion tracks" had been spotted on one of the nearby Apache Jicarilla Reservations and that he was going after it with a guide. (You have to have a tribe member with you on The Res.) Great. I called him a couple hours later just to see if he was planning on coming home anytime soon, and yippee for me, I learned that I am now the new "proud" owner of a 7 foot 8 inch, 202 pound mountain lion. He thinks he's going to make a full mount of this thing. (And here I was thinking I was going to be a beyond fabulous wife tolerating a rug.) Negotiations to be continued, but in the meantime, here are some pictures.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I"m not "lion"..that thing is HUGE! MR

GS said...

BIG Kitty Kat - I am a bit surpised he didn't put a big red bow around it's neck and call it a 'once in a lifetime' Christmas present to the whole family. Congratulations Jason! - I do know that had to be fabulous experience. Great pictures.

Unknown said...

THAT. IS. AWESOME. Seriously. Tell Jason I am so stinkin excited for him!!!! And jealous. BTW, full mounts are so cool. My parents have one, and it looks so much better that a rug.

Jan said...

Tiffany, You are now forever Jason's BFF!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh that is awesome! How fun! And I have seen Tiffany's parent's one and it looks like a giant kitty cat. It's actually pretty cool. Do you have a shelf big enough for it though? Otherwise I can see the twins riding it!

Anonymous said...

I would hate to meet that cat in the woods. Way to go Jason!
Lu