Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Feet Still Hurt from My Party Shoes

Durango isn't known for its fashion forwardness. Unlike Houston, you'll never (and I mean never, ever, ever) see a stay-at-home mom pushing a grocery cart in heels. I was even overdressed on JR's first day of school in work-out wear. (I saw two moms wearing pajama bottoms.) But, as you can see, Jason and I did get all duded up last night for the Exterran Christmas Party. I told JR at lunch that he was supposed to tell me I looked pretty when he would see me all dressed up later.

JR's response: What if I don't?
Me: Well, you're always supposed to tell girls they look pretty when they're dressed up; it's good manners.

I figure we need every kind of head start we can get turning these boys into gentleman. Sigh....

And now a section of the blog just for my mom. The rest of you may talk amongst yourselves.
Yes, I wore my hair up. And yes, I wore lots of make-up. Like a whole face-full!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

How fortunate that you have someone over three feet tall in your household o take your picture! I had to take a lot of self-shots with my arm out. My mom did get a few good ones when we dropped Norah off at their place.

Anonymous said...

And YES ...y'all looked ready to party. Thanks for the picture. MR

Allison said...

You look beautiful all dudded up! Fancy!

Stacy said...

You are soooo darn cute! It's totally not fair that you have as many kids as I do, but are like half my size! You don't age either....I'm jealous! Really though...ya'll look fabulous! Hope it was fun!

Mendi said...

YOU LOOK GORGEOUS JAN!!!
I remember a few years ago when Josh was little I put on pantyhose for a party. He freaked..."What are those Mommy? Take those off!!"
We have to teach these boys how to compliment girls!!

Anonymous said...

Great Picture - no doubt, the best looking/dressed/IN couple there!