Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Yard Art Doesn't Really Work Here

We Texans thought we had gotten a lot of snow yesterday. Here's Jason using his brand new snow blower. You might recall when we were moving here Jason was told we needed a snow blower. His reply, "I have a leaf blower. Will that work?" We have learned that indeed, no, a leaf blower would never work.
What a difference a night makes. Here's Jason snow blowing about 7:30 this morning.

Jason had a little trouble trying to get to the office this morning.


It snowed so much, Durango cancelled school! (That very rarely happens.)

JR sledding with our across the street neighbors in their front yard.

More front yard sledding


I learned another good lesson last night. It's fine to decorate the front porch for Christmas.


But I now see why I was the only one with yard art.

4 comments:

GS said...

OK Durangoans, you win - appears to be somewhat more snow than what Houston had to brag about. Now I know why our blizzard was refered to by those a whole lot more familiar with blizzards as a "dusting of snow". I took offence to that at first, but now I remember. I am ready for a white Christmas with Lefse and all. Where is your snowman JR?

Anonymous said...

WOW! MR

Anonymous said...

Snow--fun for kids--not so fun for grownups cleaning up or driving in it! It sure is beautiful though! Did you bake cookies for snow day?
Lu

kyle and robin said...

we're in the midst of a blizzard warning here...10-14 inches expected by tomorrow. needless to say, school has already been canceled for wednesday. I have to admit though...teachers love "snow days" even more than the kids!!