Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can You Guess What's Wrong?

So what's wrong with this picture?
The Texans are probably thinking,
"Well, JR's probably sweating in that big coat" being that it was in the 70's in Houston today. But you Snowbirds know. Um-hum, JR didn't put his pants back on after P.E. (You can see he's holding them in his arms). So on a day it snowed 3-4 inches this morning, my child gets off the bus in shorts! (Yes, I gasped when I saw him.) We also had to stop right there and put on his snow boots or he'd have never made it home. I'm learning so many things about this Colorado lifestyle. And one of those lessons: It's too hard to do P.E. in snow pants, so you need to wear shorts/other pants underneath the snow pants on P.E. days. Poor thing, he's like a walking boutique: hat, gloves, coat, shorts under his clothes, and tennis shoes in his backpack. (The Texas days of going to school in shorts and T-shirts sure were easier!)
We ran into some neighbors on our walk/sled home and stopped to talk. As we were talking I noticed JR's outfit and made sure to clarify, "I promise I didn't send him to school that way!"

3 comments:

kyle and robin said...

he would fit right in here in MN :)

Marcia said...

Are you sure JR isn't adam's son? Adam wears shorts and flops when it's 30 degrees and snowing. He LOVES food network and man vs food is one of his fags. Maybe JR and Adam were separated at birth...give or take 30 yrs ;)

GS said...

Why doesn't this surprise me. At least he had on a jacket and his head is covered, probably only because it was to bulky to carry.