Saturday, January 2, 2010

Queen of 2010

When talking to my mom yesterday she asked me the same thing she asks me every New Year's Day, "Have you eaten your back-eyed peas yet?" And I told her the same thing I tell her every New Year's Day, "Jason and I don't like black-eyed peas. We've never eaten black-eyed peas, and if we start eating them now that might cause us bad luck." So with no customary New Year's food to speak of, I think we Ingys might have a new tradition on our hands. Last New Year's Day we were in the process of moving. We couldn't make it to Durango by dinner time, so we stopped in Aztec, NM and had dinner at the Dairy Queen. Last night we decided to go to Serious Texas BBQ for dinner, but since it was closed, headed down the street to the Dairy Queen. Uh-oh. Don't look now, but I think we've got ourselves a tradition. And actually I'm thinking our new tradition is waaaay better. Who wouldn't rather eat a Blizzard than black-eyed peas?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always say, "Make it easy on yourself." MR

Friedt Family said...

I vote stick with the DQ, can never beat a Blizzard:-)

GS said...

Looking at the pictures from 10 years ago, I must say you guys age well. The wear and tear of moves around the world and 3 children (boys yet) later hasn't aged you at all - you just get better and more distinguished looking!!! NO black-eyed peas and cabbage for New Years seems to suit you real well.