Friday, January 22, 2010

Where's Waldo? (I mean Hunter)

We've gotten about 2 feet of snow in the last 24 hours. This is Hunter trying to go out to go to the bathroom this morning. Poor thing. I finally had to pick him up and carry him out to the street. The kids are home from school since it's a snowday. Oh, and did I mention Jason's not home? He was in Denver and all the flights were cancelled (except the first one out yesterday morning). He took the last flight out of Denver to Albuquerque and spent the night. He's trying to drive back today. I'll let you know how that goes. Without Jason here to work the snowblower (and being a Texan) I wasn't exactly sure what to do yesterday. I did go out and shovel the end of the driveway where the snowplow piled up about a foot of snow. As I was shoveling my mind went where it usually goes as I'm cleaning the bathrooms, "Hum, now how exactly did I get here?" In Beijing I would have had a team of young men with homemade brooms sweeping the snow away. (They also "sweep" the snow off the highways, no need for snowplows.)
JR started fussing at me as soon as he got off the bus about why I didn't bring the car to get him. I said, "JR! I can't even get it out of the driveway!" Our sweet neighbors came and snowblowed the driveway last night...before another foot piled up. At least that'll make it easier for Jason when he finally does get home.

4 comments:

GS said...

Sorry, but I can't help but laugh at Hunter, my question 'and why the leash' as he obviously isn't going to run off. He must have thought he was having a whiteout. I can only pray for safe driving and patience for Jason. You, my poor Texas gal, appear to be snowbound with the troops for at least a day or two and my prayers are with you there too, that's tough - hang in there.

Allison said...

Poor Hunter!!! I hope Jason gets home safely :)

JoAnn/Jerry said...

Looks Like MN except now we have ICE!!! Much worse!! Guess we'll just stay in and watch the Vikings WIN!!! Root for us!!

kyle and robin said...

oh poor hunter. we have to shovel a spot on the grass for our little dogs to go potty on. maybe that would help hunter out! good luck with the snow...who knows? maybe you'll have to move to MN one of these years! we get less snow :)