Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why Limit Happy to an Hour?

I realized I write a lot about Sonic Happy Hour on Facebook, but I don't mention it much here. Every Thursday is Happy Hour day. We pick JR up from school and head to Happy Hour before Chinese lessons. Happy Hour used to only consist of drinks, but I've added food to the mix as bribery for a good lesson. Bad Chinese lesson = no food at Happy Hour. Of course I would never cancel Happy Hour altogether. Why would I punish myself? (That's another parenting gem I learned from my mom.) So here's a peek into our typical Thursday afternoon routine.

JR enjoying a grilled cheese while rockin' some serious after school hair. Surprisingly he mixes it up a bit each week. The grilled cheese stays the same, but I never know what flavor slushy he's going to request.



The Babies always split an order of tator tots.


And a Sprite. Reed always says, "Coke. Coke." I bring their sippy cups because Sonic ice, besides being the perfect consistency, makes a super neat sound in the Styrofoam cup...which means it gets turned upside down. Speaking of Sonic ice, did you know our ol' buddy Matthew McConaughy has a Sonic ice machine in his house? (I read about it in Texas Monthly.) I'd say that's money very well spent.


And finally, here's me. I felt so Kim Kardashian posing while I took a picture of myself in the car. My only choice each week is if it will be a Cherry Diet Coke or Vanilla Diet Coke. (It was cherry today.)

1 comment:

GS said...

Now that is a happy hour that holds true to its name - just look at all those happy faces!