Monday, March 29, 2010

Yoda

I promise I'm still as conservative as they come, but sometimes this Durango lifestyle just sucks you in. Today was one of those 'When in Rome' days as I let JR go to a yoga class at the library. JR was excited about trying it out and asked us more than once if it's called 'Yoda' or 'yoga'. They started with some standing poses outside.

Here's the tree pose. (JR is in the black shirt and khaki shorts.)

Now I'd say it was about 58 degrees outside and here's the conversation they were having in class.
Teacher: Do you feel the energy in your fingertips? What do you feel?
Boy: I feel the energy in my hands!
Girl: I feel the energy in my fingertips.
JR: I feel hot. Can I take off my shirt?

I know. I so had flashbacks of Matt Damon doing his McConaughey impression, "Do you need me to take off my shirt?"

Later they did the warrior pose.

Teacher: What do you feel now? Do you feel strong?
Girl: I'm strong.
Boy: I'm a warrior!
JR: I'm really hot. Can I take off my shirt?
Teacher: *Sigh* Why don't we go back inside.

Now I don't have any pictures of the inside portion of the class since I was too busy trying to entertain two two-year olds while avoiding the wrath of the old, mean, non-smiling children's librarian. But I was able to peek through the window and get this shot when I heard the didgeridoo music begin. I can't believe the picture isn't blurry I was laughing so hard. And BTW, the didgeridoo music was live. That yoga teacher is a woman of many talents.
Yep, first grade is rough. Good thing these kids got to relax!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I going to have to come up there and "whup" the old, mean, non-smiling children's librarian? Maw Maw

GS said...

I can hear JR - this will make my day and I will have chuckles periodically that make people around me look at me strangely. They just don't get it if they don't have a JR in their life!