Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Marshmallow Gusts

We're back in Durango from our mini vacay to Albuquerque. Although the staying in the hotel portion was fabulous, the shopping (I came home empty handed) and the warming up (I was freezing the whole time) was a disappointment.
How cold was it?
Well, one of our favorite things about staying in Hyatt resorts is the evening s'mores. Usually I have no problem knocking my way to the front of the s'more line, but not this time. I was shivering so bad it didn't even seem worth trying to make one of my own. My mom and I scooped Kyle and Reed up after a s'more each and made a mad dash back inside. (My mom and dad met us there and followed us back to Durango.) But not to worry, our loss was JR's gain. He was able to gulp down 4 of them before the marshmallows blew away in the giant gale force winds.

3 comments:

Friedt Family said...

They have s'mores at the Hyatt?? I think I missed that memo somewhere but will DEFINITELY be looking into it!! Sorry you didn't warm up but glad to hear that the boys got at least one s'more before the wind took them:-)

Jan said...

Beth, yes! All the hyatt resorts that we have been to have s'mores! Not sure about the hyatt hotels, but all the resorts in TX and NM have them! Yum!

Friedt Family said...

Sweet! Literally:-) I WILL be checking that out here in MN:-)