Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How Come I'm Blogging in the Middle of the Afternoon?

Oh, cause I've just been relaxing my days away. (The picture is obviously me, right? Y'all know I don't do sunshine without a hat.) Yep, I've just got tons of free time since I've had a stay-at-home-mom-in-training helping out the last two days. (Did my sarcasm come through in that sentence?) Honestly, I'm pretty sure he can't wait to go back to school. To make a long story short, Harry had a little run in on the basketball court in P.E. As in, another kid "ran in to" Harry's fist. Thankfully the worst part of the run in was being expelled from school for three days. Jason and I talked about having him do some community service, but I didn't want him thinking that helping others was punishment. So, instead, he's been doing really fun things like: getting up early to babysit while I walk JR to the bus, loading and unloading the dishwasher, hanging up clean laundry in the closets, organizing the toy room, and supervising outdoor play. And I'm here to tell you, the "stay at home" part probably hasn't been that bad, but I'm quite certain he has no interest in becoming "a mom".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You mean you don't eat bonbons & watch Maury every day? JK!

Allison said...

If you don't eat Bon Bon's you should now while Harry does all the work!

GS said...

I am convinced it is you - where did you find that oceanfront property in CO or is that your front yard after all the snow melted!