Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Some Southern Chefing

I hadn't "cooked" with the kids in awhile, and when I saw this recipe for S'mores Stuffed Brownies I couldn't think of anything that would taste better. I guess the kids were ready to put their culinary skills back to work because when I hollered out, "Who wants to cook?!" I heard 3 voices squeal "Meeeeee!" and stools were in cooking positions before I could even get the ingredients out. Speaking of ingredients, these 2 were guarding them with their life...or maybe somebody was just trying to eat the marshmallows through the package.

The Boss supervised JR's every move very closely. Kyle played with his spoon.

Still scrutinizing the situation. And playing with a spoon.

Kyle perked up when it was time to stir.

Humm, for some reason quite a few of our graham crackers had bite marks in them.


Don't let Kyle's lack of marshmallows in front of him fool you into thinking he was working the hardest at layering them in the pan. He was shoving fist fulls in his mouth as fast as he could.


Our finished product.
And just like Truvy's Cuppa, Cuppa, Cuppa I knew it was going to be a little rich, so I "served it over ice cream to cut the sweetness"! (I seriously did.)
JR said it was the best thing he'd ever put in his mouth!

7 comments:

Jill said...

OMGoodness! I so that exact same recipe on the exact same blog a couple days ago. They looked amazing! Maybe I'll have to try them now. My mouth is watering...

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jill. My mouth is watering also. MR

Jo said...

I had to go find the recipe. I think we are going to try it. It looks delicious and so appropriate for the season.

Jamie Jo said...

you better do some major cooking when you live in the house with the kitchen voted "best kitchen in durango"!!!

GS said...

Precious pictures - all many happy faces...fun fun fun!

Anonymous said...

Yum-o! JR looks very proud of his successful recipe. You know they say if kids cook with you they are more likely to eat the food. I know it was Yummy.Way to go Chef Jan.
Lu

Patti at Worth The Whisk said...

Thanks so much for including my Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa experience via a link to my blog. That was really "sweet" of you and yes, they are definitely sweet! Please revisit anytime.