Monday, July 5, 2010

Will The Real Pioneer Woman Please Stand Up?

I'm here!
It's me.
Woo-hoo, over here!

Oh yes, I, am the real pioneer woman.

Y'all aren't going to believe the hardships I'm enduring:
First, my parents have dial-up Internet. I know. I might as well be watching Friends and preparing my Y2K survival kit.
Dial -up itself isn't that bad, but it's not letting me upload pictures to my blog (or email them since it won't let me attach a picture). And if I can't blog with pictures, well, you might as well tell me I'm not allowed to watch Dancing With the Stars.

I also, may or may not, (depending on how the computer is feeling) be able to comment on other blogs. So if you're a blogger and you haven't heard from me lately, I'm readin' ya, lovin' ya, thinkin' your kids are cute, and thrilled about your European escapades...but probably not able to tell you.

I also made a (very poor) last minute decision to leave my laptop at home, so even if I was to stumble upon some WiFi, I can't do anything with it. Torrrr-ture.

But the hardships continue:
My phone has been on the brink for a few weeks now. For about a month I've only been able to talk on speaker phone. And as of tonight, it won't let me dial my voice mail OR tell me who called. It tells me I have a "missed call", but then I get to guess who might have called me.
The little voice mail icon is blinking at me, letting me know people are leaving me messages, but I have no idea what those messages might be.

Yep, I'm roughing it. But don't worry, I'm tough. I will endure.

But seriously, if you need to get a hold of me, you might want to try the Pony Express.
Or smoke signals.
I think carrier pigeons work well out here too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been telling you that you can't tame the wilderness.MR

Friedt Family said...

Um, dial-up internet AND no cell phone?? Did you accidentely travel back to 1993?? You better keep your eyes peeled for Marty McFly and some plutonium:-)