Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Facial

So I'm guessing I'm going to have to start a new weekly featurette entitled:
Look What Kyle and/or Reed Did to Their Face(s).
Before I start today's tale, let me first give you a back story in photographic form.

Here's what Kyle's bed looks like. (He's in it, with Buzz Lightyear, eating a piece of toast.) Toast aside, he's demonstrating what he and the bed are supposed to look like while sleeping.



After hearing a huge crash-bang-boom last night, I ran into their room to find his bed like this. (Picture taken this morning, staged for blog reenactment.)


I was so in shock that Kyle was able to move his bed, and so scared by the screams and blood I saw on the floor, that it was Jason who had to step into action and pick him up.

Kyle didn't just jump out of his bed, he jumped over (or from on top of) the railing side of his bed. He landed in between the drawers and the toy castle. Although he probably hit one or both on his way down


since he looks like this....


This picture was taken this morning, so you can imagine what last night looked like. (And don't worry about his teeth, he was still busy with his toast.)

I couldn't even look at Kyle last night, but thankfully while Jason was on doctor duty, I had some comic relief from the other two. When the fall happened Jason and I were watching Bachelor Pad (don't judge) and eating popcorn. Of course the popcorn was left unattended on the coffee table when we heard the crash. JR and Reed were quick to jump out of bed and give a few seconds of sympathy, but then I noticed they were gone and it was awfully quiet. That's when I found the two of them shoveling fist-fulls of popcorn in their mouths as fast as they could. So much for brotherly love!



In all seriousness, he's totally fine. (I had our pediatrician look at him in our driveway this morning.) But I'm really considering buying stock in Neosporin and Band-Aids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand it. I guess he'll have to start sleeping in the bouncy castle. Maw Maw

Unknown said...

How about bubble suits? Just sayin...

Joseph said...

I love how this never came up in the two times I talked to you today!

Stacy said...

Gotta love having boys! When Silas broke his leg at 2-1/2 years old, I was a basket case...everyone told me then that having boys, that was going to be the first of many of that sort of thing...good times! (cute pics, for sure!)

GS said...

I cannot believe the smiles coming through that bloody face, poor baby. I am certain he is no worse for the wear, but he sure looks bad. He just had to get out of the bed on the railing side, what about just crawling out on the side there is no railing - not challenging enough I guess.

Friedt Family said...

Josiah's face has sustained quite a few injuries this week as well since he is still perfecting walking. I'll try to post a picture soon so that you won't feel so bad:-)