Thursday, August 19, 2010

Things Are Still Going Swimmingly

My sorority sister, Kari (and her family), are vacaying in Telluride this week, so we decided to meet up in Ouray to try out the hot springs. The drive to Ouray is super beautiful/terrifying. And when you're the driver, I'd say it's 30% beautiful and 70% terrifying (especially for a Texan).
In case you were wondering, "Switzerland of America" is 5,000 some odd miles from the real Switzerland. (According to the sign I saw at the springs.)



See the railing? When we were getting back in the car Kyle actually told me, "Mommy, don't hit that." Even he knows when we're just a little too high up.


Unfortunately Kari and I didn't get a picture together, but here are all our boys. (And yes, we're still both in shock there's not a girl anywhere in the mix. Nobody likes a good dance routine like we do!) I also can't believe this is the only picture we got at the hot springs. The springs are surrounded by gorgeous mountains, and our background is an iron fence and towel. Nice.


Speaking of pitiful photo backdrops...On the way home JR and I decided a stop at the Big Foot Museum in Silverton (or as Reed calls it "Silver Town") would be a good idea.


Yep, Kyle spotted another one.
And where's Reed you might ask? He was right next to me. No way he was getting near one of these guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day. Cute pictures. I know you enjoyed getting to visit with Kari. MR

Unknown said...

Ok, I have lived here my whole life, and I had no idea there was a Big Foot museum in Silverton. How in the world have I missed that?