Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't Snow on My Parade

I took JR out of school for a few hours yesterday to participate in the Veterans Day Parade. The parade was great, but I've never seen such crazy weather.

We left the house with snow falling from the sky. I grabbed our heavy coats.
We got to the parade line up, and the sun was out. No coats needed.
Headed to main street to stake out our spot, and it turned cloudy.  Got out the car jackets. (Jackets that are always in the car...just in case.)
Kyle and Reed took their mittens on and off about 15 times in the span of a 30 minute parade.  Hot then cold, hot then cold.
And as we headed for lunch, the snow was falling fast and furious again.

But thankfully it was a snow-free parade!

We plopped ourselves down right in front of the historic Strater.  Only the best spot for the Ingersolls.

The Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Brownies all walked together. They were definitely one of the biggest groups.

 My little scout
Thank you Veterans! And thank you to all our servicemen and women!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that little scout. I'm proud he marched in the parade. Maw Maw

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome thing to do! Thanks JR for saluting our veterans by marching in the parade!
Lu