Wednesday, January 12, 2011

10 on 10 on the 12th

I've been meaning to do the 10 on 10 project since last year.
(Take a photo every hour for ten consecutive hours on the tenth of each month. Document a day of your life and find beauty among the ordinary moments.)
But I never seem to know the actual date, so I miss it every month. 
So I just did my 10 on the 12th...

12 days and I still haven't had a Diet Coke/Coke Zero.
I made myself a chocolate smoothie kinda thing. 
 It didn't even come close to tasting as good as artificially flavored-no calorie-syrupy goodness.


Here are my gym shoes.
Okay, so I don't actually work out in these, but I have to wear them to and from the gym so I don't fall on the ice in the parking lot.
I'm usually hot on the way out of the gym, so I just wear them with my gym shorts. (As seen here.)
It's a lot of look.


I think we all know the only person in the house who would accessorize while bear hunting with a giant sword.


I had to go out in the garage today and bring in some of my new friends to look at.
I picked them up yesterday -75% off Christmas at Pier 1.
This guy is my favorite.
I've never been one to decorate with snowmen since:
A. I felt ridiculous putting out snowmen in Houston since it's usually 80 degrees.
and
B. I'm from the John Reynolds School of Decorating where you must always have a grouping.
(And the grouping must be in an odd number.)
Well, I've picked up a few snowmen now that I live where there's actual snow, so this will be the showpiece of my snowman grouping next year.


Everything tastes better with avocado.


I tried to get some Cub Scout stuff organized.
I didn't get very far.


I did, however, get to watch Kyle and Reed pick up everything in the house with these.
Zhu-Zhu Pets, juice cups, and...each other.


Doing extra math for fun.
 
Yep, borrowing in subtraction problems is an absolute par-tay.
Then he went and played the piano for fun.
Good thing he looks like me so I know he's mine.


The pillow pets were a huge hit this Christmas.


And...an end to the day.
Cause if I had a picture of an avocado, and not these two faces, I'd have some seriously upset grandparents.

4 comments:

Angie Vik said...

There's nothing wrong with decorating with snowmen if you live in Houston. If you like it, use it. The snow men you bought is really cute. When we lived in Iowa I wanted to decorate a bathroom with an ocean theme. My husband nixed the idea because we lived in the middle of corn fields. I brought my farm kitchen decorations from Iowa and am using them in my Wisconsin kitchen but we live in town. I think the 10 on 10 project sounds like a great idea.

Joseph said...

odd numbers is where its AT. Pottery barn makes us tattoo that into our forearms as a constant reminder. This is, of course, an improvement from when the company first started and "Go Bold or Go Home!" was branded into employees backsides. Can i say backsides on your blog? Will Elizabeth Taylor get mad at me? Will anyone else even know what i'm talking about? (just tell them it's your crazy opera friend and they'll not their heads in saddened acceptance)

GS said...

What a way to end the day. The happy faces tell it all (love the snowman).

deHavilland said...

These is a cool idea, I've never heard of it before. Nicely done! :D