Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Reason For Reno

The real reason I've been in Reno for the last few days was to see Sarah Palin speak.  Now I know I have many readers that aren't Sarah fans (Hi JD!), but not to worry, this post won't be about politics.  Think of it as a cross between fashion police and my commentary on our fantasy friendship.
(And if you are a Sarah fan...you know I'm going to do plenty of fawning!)

I've actually known I was going to see my fantasy BFF since I was home at Thanksgiving.  JD helped me pick out my dress, and if JD says 'wear it'...I wear it! 

Trying to do my best celebrity red carpet pose.

Sarah was speaking at the Weatherby Award, which is a big deal in the hunting world. (Jason's dad won it about 20 years ago.) 
These were the table centerpieces.  I loved them!

Here's what the room looked like. Since Jason's dad is a past award winner, and now on the Weatherby board of directors, we got to sit right up front!

And here's my girl. 
She was about 20 feet away from me...with 3 huge bodyguards. 
She mostly spoke about her love of hunting, the outdoors, her parents (who were there) and her TLC show. 

So let's talk fashion.
She really looks just like she does on TV.  She's little and skinny.
She wore her hair down, leather jacket, and I'm thinking it was a suede skirt. And, of course, those great high-heeled leather boots.

Front view of her ensemble.

BFFs together at last.

The end of the evening...
My hair is a little flatter, but I can't wipe the smile off my face!

8 comments:

Friedt Family said...

JD was right, your dress is FAB-ulous!! Glad you had a good time:-)

Joseph said...

irregardless of my personal feelings i'm ALWAYS up for a celebrity citing! I saw Wilford Brimley onetime: am i a huge fan of oatmeal, no. Do i still tell people about it, please see above. Also, you looked stunning!!

Unknown said...

Ok, that sounds AWESOME! Coming from the gun-toting, righter-than-Sarah crazy...

And you looked fab, by the way. Glad Jason could act as bodyguard to keep all the fawning fans off of YOU!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were definitely "Going Rogue" for Sarah. Great pictures. MR

Mendi said...

Sigh....awesome. You looked better than Sarah!!

Anonymous said...

WOw, you were surely "red carpet" worthy. You look FABulous.
I too like those table decorations and the room looked awesome.
Lu

Angie Vik said...

How fun that you had a little adventure. Nice dinner, time with your husband, new dress, prestigious guest speaker - how will you ever top this? I love the BFF picture with Sarah in the background.

leiamarie82 said...

GREAT dress! I especially like the picture with Sarah in the background and your face all happy in the foreground. =)