Monday, May 16, 2011

Somewhat Top Chefy

We went to Taste of Durango yesterday (which I called "Taste of Texas" everytime I said it since there's a restaurant by that name down the road from us in Houston) and had some seriously yummy yummies.

It felt a little Top Chefy since they have booths set up all down Main Street and you buy tasting servings (just like on Top Chef) of whatever looks good. 

We had things like shrimp ceviche, cheesy garlic bread, crab-stuffed crepes, pork sandwiches, and even pizza.

I wanted to take a picture of the kids eating from the Jean Pierre booth for my friend, Tiffany. (Owned by her in-laws.)
But the croissant and quiche were gobbled up before I could even get my camera out, so all I have is Kyle eating something that I didn't get a bite of and have no idea what it is. 
 I'm gonna go with "something Frenchy".

And if you're wondering what's on Kyle's face, well, they also had face painters.
Kyle and Reed wanted to be dogs.

And there was a band too.
So K and R decided to show off their dance moves...much to JR's embarrassment.

Kyle's "breakdancing" in this one.

So of all the yummy food which was the kids' favorite?
Yep.
Cotton Candy. 
Sold by the Future Chefs of Durango High School.

2 comments:

hapi said...

Hi Jan, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

GS said...

Have been off line for so long, I am having a blast catching up - love these pics of the kids and yummy food. Looks like a fun filled day!