Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Camper Extraordinaire

JR had a super fun time at camp.
I know this since when I picked him up on Friday I said, "Did you miss me?"
and JR replied with, "No. Not one bit. Can I come back to Red Cloud next year?!"

After the awards ceremony, (JR got the "engineer award" as in, he was like The Little Engine That Could) he gave us the grand tour.

The cafeteria where they only served water (the horror!) and his favorite dinner was a meatball sub.

The store where he bought Ring Pops everynight.

Cute little creek in the middle of camp.

His cabin

inside the cabin

And his bed.  He had the top bunk.

I can tell he changed clothes everyday (YES!) since they were all covered in dirt...and clothes that have gone ziplining, on a ropes course, canoeing, mountain biking, overnight camping, and on an 11-mile hike up a mountiain might as well be thrown away as washed.

 But since I found his soap still in the box, I'm guessing a rinse off "shower" was as close as he got to getting clean all week. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great experience Camp memories are the best...even if all you have to drink is..water. MR

GS said...

Lots of dirty clothes is a whole lot more than was expected. Untouched bar of soap, no big surprise. What a great time, JR!

Anonymous said...

Boys will be boys! What an awesome camping experience!
Lu