Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This Much Closer To Adam Richmond

If you're a Food Network fan keep reading, you'll think this is as cool as I do.

On our last night in Denver we went to Capitol Grill for dinner, but before we did, we had dessert first at d Bar Desserts.

After the waitress took our order, Cassidy asked, "Is Lisa here tonight? Tell her Cassidy is here."
Lisa and her husband, Keegan Gerhard, who's the host of Food Network's Extreme Cake Challenges, are the owners of d Bar.

Lisa is from Brazoria, Y'all!
She was a cheerleader with Cassidy in high school, and still has plenty of Southern hospitality as Keegan and she both came out to greet us.
JR loves the Extreme Cake Challenges, so I told them I needed a picture for my son...even though I really just wanted it for myself.

And, seriously, the desserts were amazing!

Before they came to talk with us, they sent out a special treat of their version of S'mores.
 These aren't even on the menu yet!
(But coming soon!)

Cassidy and I both ordered waffle ice cream sandwiches.
I may, or may not, have licked my plate clean.

Jason got the homemade donuts.
His review? "These are the best donuts I've ever put in my mouth."

Now if I could just get a friend's friend to marry Adam Richmond (Man V Food) I'll be all set.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Way cool! I love that show, too!

Anonymous said...

YUM! I agree with Allison. MR

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO jealous! and those desserts look SO yum-o and delish! Happy Birthday cuz, love ya....
Lu

Lori said...

Wow! Those desserts look amazing! You look fabulous, too!