Monday, August 1, 2011

Crash and Burn

I love a good tourist trap, but this one you can skip.

I decided since we hadn't driven 5 minutes and Kyle was already hysterical, we might as well stop and check out The Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo.  (It's the place where the cars stick out of the ground and people spray paint them.  I even saw it featured on an episode of The Duggars.)

I certainly wouldn't consider myself artsy, so the highlight of our viewing was when a man about my dad's age was lamenting to his wife, "Why would anybody do this? This is just trash! The people who spray these cars are just trashy people! I wish somebody would go spray paint their house like this and see how they like it!"

I had to laugh and tell him, "Sir, my daddy would be saying the same thing."

So here's our pictures from the Cadillac Ranch, only worth the stop since it got Kyle's mind off the meltdown he was having.




No comments: