Sunday, August 28, 2011

Guess They Learned This Last Weekend

So I thought we had dodged a bullet when Steven's jeep didn't flip over last weekend in Moab.
And, of course, I was wrong.

Jason and I were sitting outside watching the kids play when I heard small amounts of whimpering. 
(I don't investigate unless I hear full on hysterics.)
Thankfully, Super Dad did because the next thing I heard was, "Oh no! They're upside down in the ditch!"

Here's what I found when I arrived on the scene.
Jason beat me there by a few seconds and found them both still underneath the jeep.
Before he could even help them, they both popped out from underneath without a care in the world.

Maybe a few scrapes on Reed, not that I could see them since the only real 'injury' was that he was covered in mud.


They thought the ditch jeep flip was awesome and were ready to ride again.  So with our amazing parenting wits about us, told them Kyle had to drive (since Reed was the flipper).
And off they went.

2 comments:

GS said...

Wow, your nerves are just now being tested! That picture of Kyle with his hands on his hips looks like a true Texan, I can hear him saying "Now would y'all just look at that there mess". Appears to be no fear involved, but I would love to hear what was going through their minds as they were flipping.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Sherry. They look like true TEXANS to me. MR