Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Rundown

I wasn't allowed to take a picture of JR as he got off the bus, but I did get a small synopsis of the day:
  • He sat by TC in his class and at lunch. (TC's mom is my friend, Kylie.)
  • His teacher (a man!) is nice, and when he called roll and said "John", JR had to tell him he goes by JR.  His teacher then jokingly asked "How do you spell that?", which JR thought was funny.
  • They had PE and math.
  • It's okay he only brought 10 pencils. (They asked for the 24 pack of a very specific kind of pencil; it was sold out so I sent JR with 10.  He was concerned.)
And that's all I got.

We had our traditional first day of school bake-off when JR got home. 
(He had all the ingredients out and ready to go before I had hardly walked in the house.)


JR wanted to make a cake.


Reed made cupcakes.


Kyle just wanted to eat.

3 comments:

GS said...

I have to ask - did Reed put ketchup in or on his cupcakes?

Anonymous said...

JR will be baking those cakes w/o help pretty soon. HOORAY for a good first day. MR

Anonymous said...

School sure starts early in CO
Not until after Labor Day here.
Sounds like the first day was a success. Way to go, JR!!!! Won't be long before those other two will be on their way to school too!!

JoAnn