Tuesday, September 13, 2011

MomGyver

While we were flying home last week Kyle needed to make a trip to the bathroom.
Obviously it was a tight squeeze with both of us in there, and he knocked one of the scabs off his arm.
And since I didn't have a band-aid handy at 30,000 feet above the ground, I, of course, thought I was going to have to make the child a tourniquet. 
I've never seen so much blood.

I stuck a piece of airplane bathroom paper towel to his arm, but by the time we got back to our seats, he had bled through that.

It was then that I had to MacGyver a band-aid.
My supplies? A coloring book with a sticker page.

I ripped out a piece of the coloring book and affixed it to Kyle's arm using the stickers.
He thought it was the coolest thing ever!


I'm pretty sure this qualifies me to answer "Here!" when they ask if there's a doctor on the flight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a unique idea!! Bet you'll stop buying Band-Aids now!!!

JoAnn

Anonymous said...

A Boy Scout leader is always prepared. MR

Friedt Family said...

Super Mom to the rescue! And I'm pretty sure you can pick up your honorary doctorate from any of the surrounding universities:-)

GS said...

yep, you have found your laten calling - appears to have totally satisfied your patient.