Sunday, September 25, 2011

Over the Edge

On Friday Jason participated in "throw your boss off the side of a building day".
His employees raised over $1,000 for Special Olympics for Jason to go...over the edge.

We drove down to Albuquerque for the big event and the whole way I was reading all their suggestions about 'working out', 'rock climing', and at a minimum 'squeezing a stress ball' to be ready to repel down a 16 story building.
Of course, Jason had done none of this, and I was petrified he wasn't going to be able to do it. 


The official picture before the decent.


Jason said the worst part was leaning back to get started. 


My view from the street.


Almost to solid ground

I shouldn't have been worried, Jason handled the repel like a pro. 
Yet again, I was shocked.  Don't know when I'll learn.
  He always surprises me with his 'never worked out since I've met him' superior athletic ability.


He also handled the interview portion like a pro.


Receiving his medal from a Special Olympics athlete.  You'll see a little mop of  blonde hair by Jason's hand ready to lay claim to the gold.  Jason got to wear his medal for exactly 2 seconds.

It was a great day for a great cause, and if you think something like that might be an adrenaline rush...Jason's hands were still shaking 15 minutes after he was finished!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an accomplishment, I'd have nightmares forever after that, but I'm also afraid of heights!!!!

JoAnn

Kimberly Beach said...

Thanks! SONM skis here in Durango too! Ashley participates in SOofCO. We are so thankful for brave fellows like your hubby who raise funds to help our kids!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Jason. I've been waiting for the pictures. I could not have done that. MR

Friedt Family said...

O.M.G. you would NOT have found me atop that building....however, major props to Jason for accomplishing that and contributing to an amazing cause!!

GS said...

Oh my - I was thinking I would like to have been there to watch, but after that picture on his way down, I'm thinking I did better seeing it after the fact. Congratulations Jason, job well done!