Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Um, We're Missing Some Doors Here!

Our "celebrity" weekend continued as the guys planned a helicopter ride for us.
I totally felt like I was on The Bachelor and was just waiting for Chris Harrison to pop out to interview me about what an "amazing connection" Jason and I have.

And though there were no roses to be handed out, the ride was great.
(I now know why helicopters always make an appearance on Bachelor dates.)

You might be noticing the helicopter has no doors.
'Doors on or off' is an option, and obviously the guys picked off!


Jason and I sat in the back. 
The front seats had shoulder harnesses, but all we had was a lap belt.
I quickly pointed out I'd had more restraint on a merry-go-round.


We also learned not to stick your arms out the nonexistent door. (As Jason is doing here.)
Traveling at 115 miles an hour, your arm almost gets blown off your body.


I was trying to take a picture showing how high up and doorless things really were.
I thought my foot would be a good marker.
But then I got scared.
This was a close to the edge as I could handle.


Eek! We're really high!


And here we are landing.
Helicopter hair and all.
All kidding aside, it really was a great experience.
 And honestly, I was more nervous/scared on our back to school jeeping trip than helicoptering...with no doors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the brave one. I couldn't have done that...although the views must have been worth it. MR

Jill said...

That looks awesome!