Monday, February 20, 2012

A First Week Revisit

The first week we lived in Durango Kyle and Reed were so sick the doctor almost put them in the hospital.
(I went back to look for a post about it, but I just briefly mentioned it. I think I was embarrassed that I'd let them get so sick before I took them to the doctor.)
They're oxygen levels were at 84% and they were on breathing treatments for about 2 weeks.


So it's only fitting that our last week in Durango I went back to the doctor with Reed having the same symptoms. 
(Do I get mom points that it was only 1 of my children that I let get so sick?)

Is that a pitiful face or what?


And with a 91% oxygen level we had to do a breathing treatment in the office so the doctor could do an accurate check for pneumonia.
(Photo by Dr. JR)

On a side note, it also came a huge snow storm the first week we lived here, and I'd prefer that little episode not be revisited this last week too.

But thankfully, Reed's pneumonia and ear infection free...and hopefully on the mend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that precious pup looks pitiful. Praying he is feeling better soon. MR

GS said...

Now that is a pitiful look - I like the happy faces much better Reed, so get well fast so we see that again.

Friedt Family said...

Poor punkin!! Glad to hear he is on the mend!!