Tuesday, February 14, 2012

If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It

My theme this Valentine's was (say it with me): Make it easy on yourself.

Easy #1:  Valentines

I almost feel guilty I put so little effort into the kids' Valentines.  
Now I've told y'all before about the joys of after Christmas shopping. I literally keep checking the Christmas clearance aisles until everything is gone.
Wal Mart had these Star Wars stocking stuffers for 90% off. 
10 cents a piece, baby!
I slapped a to/from sticker on the back of each of them and all 3 kids' classes were outfitted for a grand total of $5.20.
(JR and Reed gave the marshmallow pops, Kyle gave the bag of chocolate coins.)


Easy #2: Refreshments

I pulled out an oldie but goodie for this one. The Rice Krispie sushi was a huge hit in the past, and it worked like a charm again this year. 
I even used the same plate as the last time I made them.


Easy #3: Game Time

I recycled a game we played at Cub Scouts which is basically "dress up hot potato". 
 I named it "You Look Hot, Potato" for today, and had 2 games going at once (one for the boys, one for the girls). 

As you can see, JR's class and Kyle would totally get along! 
(Look closely, you'll see many "looks" that have been featured in Fashion Fabulous Friday.)


All kidding aside, what would Valentine's Day be without JR counting his admirers,

and Kyle and Reed totally thinking the 3rd grade party was for them.
(Look at 'em propped up at the cookie decorating station like they own the joint.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are one more party-planner. I enjoyed seeing the pictures. MR

Friedt Family said...

I am going to hire you as Party Planner for my next party...say around June 25th??:-)

GS said...

You mean they don't own the joint, surely you didn't tell them that. Looks like a Very Happy Valentine's Day for all!