Friday, March 16, 2012

Fashion Fabulous Friday


My friend, Randi, invited me to do the Runnin' of the Green 7K with her.  Luckily, it's touted as a "classic Irish jog" cause joggin' is just what I did.

Randi will be running the Boston Marathon in a month, so I'm really only athletically qualified to stand near her and take pictures before the race starts. 
(And go out to eat with a table full of Boston Marathoners and/or/also Iron Men-Women after.  Talk about feeling like the fat kid in gym class! Sheesh!)

Our friend, Ginger, decided at Canvas and Cocktails that she would run too, so it was awesome to have somebody just my speed to run, chat, and giggle with for the 4ish miles.


So you might be wondering how this has anything to do with fashion.

Well, thankfully, St. Patty's Day costumes are pretty much demanded for the Runnin' of the Green!
My pink bows are covered in shamrocks (from the dollar aisle at Target) and you can barely see that I was also wearing bring orange knee socks from my Velma costume. 
 (I don't usually wear anything that accentuates my calves that have been questioned if they'd fit in ski boots, but good costuming always trumps common sense!)


Randi and I both made pairs of socks into "arm warmers". 
(Mine were toe socks.)


And the best part?
They had tons of fun after-run activities including a photo booth with props!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The toe socks are my favorite part. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! MR

Angie Vik said...

Good for you for running a race. By far your nicest accessory is your smile.