Sunday, April 22, 2012

Poison Control Gets a Little Sexy

It's Earth Day.
So that means we celebrated with....

A call to Poison Control!

Yep, Poison Control.
Let me back up for a minute.

We're all so excited about having a yard with more than rocks and dirt, that we decided to do some spring yard sprucing today.

On a related side note, aren't my front porch "decorations" coming along nicely?

Kyle and Reed were both excited to help today.

They helped plant flowers.


And even did their own versions of Bonsai.

Then, as we were moving to the back yard, I saw Reed spitting and sputtering.
Jason said, "He says he just ate the fertilizer."

Reed had asked what the fertilizer was, and when Jason said "plant food", I guess he thought he'd give it a try.

He said he didn't swallow any, so I wasn't really worried, but figured I'd give Poison Control a call just to be safe.

I had a copy of the Broomfield Community Phone Book left from the previous owners, so I got it out, called the number and heard a sexy voice tell me

"Thank you for calling 1-888-free sex phone."

I thought "Whoopsey! he!he!"

I dialed the number again. 
Making sure I dialed each number just right.

And who do you think greeted me yet again?
You guessed it.
Free Sex Phone!

I found another phone book, and apparently the Broomfield Community Phone Book switched two of the numbers when listing the number for poison control!

After two sex calls, I finally got poison control on the phone, who I'm sure thought I was the most calm person they'd ever talked too.

I even told the operator, "I've got 3 boys. I'm not really worried, just thought I'd double check."

So FYI, if your child ever eats fertilizer, it's just like they were eating dirt (as long as it doesn't have weed killer in it) although it is an irritant, so they might throw up if they eat too much. 

And, of course, keep trying if you get "free sex phone"...you're just a couple numbers off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made my Earth Day, that was funny. I can tell you're going to enjoy that yard. MR