Sunday, June 3, 2012

Something Old, Something New

Jason had to work in the Farmington office this past week, so the kids and I decided to tag along and spend some time in Durango.
My big plan was to sneak in and lay low.
As one who usually likes a production, my exact comment was "I just don't want to make a big production about being there."

But, you know how the 'best laid plans' go...

We hadn't been in town 4 minutes, and I literally saw at least 10 people I knew. (Okay, so it didn't help I was picking JR up from TC's baseball game.  JR decided he'd ride to Durango with TC the day before the rest of us left.)

If you didn't see me, you must have been out of town, or didn't leave your house those days.  Cause I ran in to pretty much everybody I ever met in that town of 15,000.

While there, Jason had our car in Farmington, so the kids and I rode our bikes everywhere we went.
Except for the day we needed to go to Walmart.  (Durango put it on the outskirts of town hoping nobody would know it's there.)

The kids had always wanted to ride the Durango trolley, so I told them we would.
Only problem, the trolley just goes around town...the bus goes to Walmart.

Luckily, the bus is red like the trolley, so I don't think they even noticed.

But I noticed.

Durango is full of....oh let's call them....'colorful characters', and these colorful characters all seem to take the bus for transportation.

I'm sure that smile is from all the 'colorful' things he's overhearing from his new "friends".

All kidding aside, Durango is a super safe town, so the bus was totally fine.
And bonus, the kids thought the "trolley ride" was great.

No comments: