Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Royally Great Night

 JR spent all last week (everyday from 1:00-5:00!) in drama camp.
Last night was their performance of The Prince and the Pauper.
JR auditioned for three parts, and got his first choice (he was very excited) of Lance, one of the castle guards.


I couldn't believe these kids had only been working together for 5 days!
They put on a great production, and JR was so good!
(He was actually really good, not just 'he was so good because he's my kid' good.)



I was pretty much on the verge of tears the entire performance due to a combination of nervousness/excitement/joy/pride/living vicariously through my child. 



They wouldn't let us backstage before the show (not even to help with make-up and costumes) so I didn't know until after the show that JR had gotten a bloody nose (Yes, we're still dealing with those darn bloody noses!) and bled all over the top of his costume. 
The director had to run his costume to her house, wash out the blood, and run back with it just in time for the show.



Now, I don't know how he handled it backstage, but he was such a professional on stage.
 I literally couldn't believe all that had happened before he went on to perform!



Just look at mini Johnny Depp in his mascara and eyeliner!


I did a double take when I saw this picture.  Wow, he looks like me.

He says he wants to continue doing plays.  I can't wait to see what's next!

2 comments:

GS said...

JR, WOW, that had to be so much fun! Congrats on the great performance, how I wish I could have seen it. I am so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sherry. Little JR looks just like a little Jan Reynolds MR