Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Color Me Blue

I have a confession to make:
For the past few years I've been terrified to paint any of the rooms in my home.
 
Ya see, when Jason and I first got married (and I had no kids, and was teaching school so I had time for "projects" over the summer) I decided to paint some of the rooms in our house.
 
I painted the upstairs bedrooms, the dinning room, and then decided to paint our bedroom.
 
I picked a beautiful deep maroonish/red color.
And as I began pulling the painter's tape off, the paint stated peeling off in strips with it.
 
 
I've tried to block out that painful time in my life. 
But seems I remember hysterical phone calls to my parents, bringing the neighbors over for second opinions, and making Jason help me.
 
 
4 or 5 coats of paint later, I think we were finally finished.
 
 
I hadn't picked up a paint roller since...Until this weekend.
 
 
I forgot to take a true before picture of JR's room, but at least I remembered to take one before we finished!


After


JR wanted "cub scout navy blue".
This is our compromise. (Dark colors still scare me!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job!!! Now maybe it won't be so scary next time!!
JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Yes. Good job. Really like all the windows in his room. MR

Stacy said...

I wish my kids' rooms were a fraction of that clean! Amazing!