Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Reed has been fully committed to his elf costume.
(Unlike JR and Kyle who have worn a different look to every function.)
 
 
I'm not sure if he's nothing like me, or so much like me he's ready for Christmas...NOW!
 
 
I felt bad he was wearing a red T-shirt and old hand-me-down pajama bottoms as major costume components.  So I invested a whopping $6.00 to spruce it up a bit.
($4.00 for fabric and $2.00 for socks.)
 
 
I wanted to make him a collar and a matching belt, so I ran by Hobby Lobby yesterday afternoon.
As I was leaving, I had a great idea (that I wouldn't know until later was a genius idea) and called my friend, Denise, for help.
 
 
I took her the fabric, told her what I wanted to do, and all of a sudden she was making patterns and cutting with fancy sharp tools!
(While I chatted, looked at her magazines, and drank her coffee.)

 
I told her I felt like I was on a episode of Martha Stewart.


I had to go pick up the kids before she was finished, so when she brought them over last night, there was another surprise. 
 
She also made...shoe covers.

 
Shoe covers!



So, here's the finished product, which I can take no credit for...except that I knew who to call!


Kyle's costume was quite a bit easier since he went "off the rack".
 
He finally made a decision....
Ninja Turtle

 
They were the only elf and Ninja Turtle in the school costume parade!



I'll have JR's final costume for you later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great addition to the elf costume. They're really having fun. MR