Thursday, November 15, 2012

Are You KIDDING Me?!?!

JR's new cub scout pack had their Father/Son cake bake tonight.
 
As you well know, we Ingersolls are pros at the Father/Son cake bake, taking 2nd place the last two years in a row in Durango.
 
 
I haven't even been to one of JR's cub scout meetings, but strutted in with Jason and JR tonight (camera in hand) ready to bask in the glow of their winnings.
 
 
We took last year's winning cake (why re-invent the wheel?) and waited for the compliments to come pouring in.
 
Jason and I smirked at each other as each cake arrived; we even whispered to each other about nobody bringing "their A-game".
 
 
As you can probably tell by my set-up, we didn't walk away winners.  (I'm still furious!) 
JR handled it like a champ (he didn't even seem to care), but I still think we got robbed.
 
 
So here's their cake. (This is last year's picture. I didn't get a good one of the cake tonight.)


And here they are tonight.


Oh, and to add insult to injury, there were two winners in the best cub scout theme category.


I don't have a picture of best patriotic cake.
Not that I need one.  Cupcakes in the shape of a flag.
 
 
And the ugliest cake.
Yep. It's a toilet.


After the big winners were announced, we were ready for JR's name to be called for best cake in his den.
 
Nope.
 
This one beat him.

Really?
 
So obviously I'm a bit bitter.
 
JR has a great Cub Scout "it was just fun making a cake with Daddy" attitude, and I do not.
 
I've already told Jason I have a full year to come up with an idea for him to execute.
 
I will be redeemed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless. MR

Stacy said...

From the looks of things, just throw together something really crappy and you will have it made. You so got robbed.

Angie Vik said...

I definitely liked your son's cake better than the winner's. The contest must have been rigged. The judge was bribed. Or maybe the Boy Scouts have a cake registry so they knew you'd entered this cake before in another town. Hopefully you'll know how to read the judge's minds better next year.