Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Tooth of It

So when Kyle and Reed's gymnastics teacher approached me with a sealed envelope in her hands, I just knew it was some sort of certified letter explaining that my children needed to cease and desist all hyperness if they were to continue in her class.
 
 
To my surprise, it wasn't a behavior notice, but Kyle's tooth!
 
 
His bottom tooth had been loose, and I hadn't let anybody touch it (4 is too young to loose a tooth!) so it literally just fell out of his mouth at gymnastics.
 
 
Now you're probably expecting me to continue to talk about Kyle, but really the rest of the story has nothing to do with Kyle, and is all about Reed (just the way Reed likes it).
 
 
The fear in Reed's eyes was utter horror as he realized the Tooth Fairy was coming that night to see Kyle, and not him.  Kyle would be getting attention (not to mention money) for this tooth, and Reed would be forced to step out of the spotlight...if only for a night.
 
 
Thankfully for Reed, he is me made over.  I understand the fear of somebody else getting attention, and I wasn't going to let it ruin his day.
 
 
I said, "Reed, let's write a letter to the Tooth Fairy explaining the situation. 
She'll probably understand."

Reed went to bed nervous, and was up early to tell us the Tooth Fairy took the note with her since "she probably had to show it to her boss".
 
 
Reed was happy the Tooth Fairy left some money, but told Jason, "Kyle got more than me!"
To which Jason replied, "You didn't even loose a tooth!"
 
 
But here's the one in the family who did loose a tooth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU made over. That Reed is a mess in this world. You get an A+ in problem solving. MR