Thursday, December 27, 2012

Like it Never Happened

As of 7:30 last night, you wouldn't even know Christmas happened in this house.
Granny Sherry came over yesterday and the three of us got it all put away.
 
I love it going up, and I love looking at it, but it sure feels good when it's all put away.
(Although the house looks so empty!)
 
And even though you can't tell it, Christmas did happen.
 
 
Granny Sherry gave all the boys "Uff Da" sweatshirts.

'Uff da' is a Norwegian saying that Granny Sherry and Reed say.
It seems to me they say it when they're tired of doing something, stressed out, or have lots to do at once.
I looked it up, and Wikipedia says, "Within Scandinavian-American culture, Uff da frequently translates into: I am overwhelmed."
 
 
Speaking of the Norwegians, Granny Sherry made the entire Christmas dinner. (Hallelujah!)
Including Swedish meatballs, and of course, lefse...which is what Reed is eating.



JR was super excited about his new gun.
It's a .243.
(I don't know what that means, or what it can do, but he was excited.)



Kyle got a new Perry the Platypus.
He's bigger and "talks". Kyle is in love.


 
And Jason and I got each other the same thing.
 
Now on to New Year's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My tree will stay up into January, I love it that much!! My village may even stay up longer if I just remove the Christmas wreaths from the doors!!
JoAnn

Angie Vik said...

My husband is Norwegian so we know all about Uff Da and Lefse. Only this year we didn't have anyone to cook Lefse and wasn't motivated enough to do it ourselves. Not having any Scandinavian blood, I semi-like it, but my husband kids LOVE it.