Monday, June 24, 2013

A in W Part 2

So besides the infamous Humpty Dumpty, JR also played two other parts in Alice in Wonderland.
He was "triple casted" as he likes to call it.
 
 
Now that JR is an act-tor, there's certain things he needs to work on to "improve his craft".
(Isn't that the fancy theater way to say it?)
 
 
JR's issue? Being still on stage.
He's great when he's talking or has something specific he needs to be doing, but if he's just standing there, he tends to fidget.
 
 
His director told me she purposely assigned him two nonspeaking roles that required him to be still.
A tree and a card guard.
 
JR said they were the hardest parts he's ever had!
 
 
JR knows all about camouflage from hunting, but this takes the cake!

JR's friend, Nolan, was also in the play. 
One of his parts was the maple tree (he's standing next to JR).



Do you see him standing behind the Queen of Hearts?
Standing. Just standing.
Serious acting for JR. Seriously serious.


Nolan was also the King of Hearts. And there's JR, still being...still.


I love it when JR does things and I think, "Yep, I'd have done the same thing".
JR was a tree, then Humpty Dumpty, and then card, so at the end of the play he was in his card costume.
JR raised his hand in class and asked which costume he should wear for the curtain call since he was three parts? 
 
 
Translation: "I want to make sure everybody knows I was Humpty Dumpty, can I change back into that costume so I can get my due applause ?"
 
 
Not to fear, the answer was yes.
So it was a very successful play, he got his applause in the curtain call
 (coming out with the Guard Frog)
and he conquered his acting nemesis...stillness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were wondering what the "tree" costume looked like..so cute..MR