Thursday, July 25, 2013

He Got It!

I'm too excited to do a build up to the big reveal.
I'm just gonna spill it here: JR got it. 
He'll be playing Charlie in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory the Musical!
 
 
This is such huge news, and you know I love a good back story, so here ya go:
 
 
We found out the big fall play this year would be Willy Wonka at the end of May. 
In the back of my mind I immediately thought, "Wouldn't it be awesome if he got Charlie."
But I quickly tried to dismiss it, and talk to him about how great it would be to just get in the play and be an Oompa Loompa.
 
And then JR said it out loud one day in the car, "Mom, I think I would make a good Charlie."
 
 
At that point it was out there, and we both knew he wouldn't be happy "just getting in the play".
 I also knew we were probably setting ourselves up for a huge disappointment.
 
 
85 kids (3rd-12th grade) auditioned.
(JR did his You're a Good Man Charlie Brown monologue and sang Gary, Indiana from The Music Man.)
 
39 kids were cut after the audition.
 
Of the 46 that went to call backs, 10 were cut. 
And you don't know if you got cut from call backs until you open the cast list and don't see your name.
 
 
The cast list came in yesterday morning and my hands were literally shaking.
My reaction to seeing JR's name under Charlie Bucket probably wasn't the most professional.
(When I called Jason he thought someone had died from my screams.)
 
 
Practices start in September and the show is November 15, 16, and 17th. 
We couldn't be more proud or excited.
 
Hugs from one of his biggest fans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll be a great Charlie, JR. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! MR