Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I Don't Like Snakes

I thought things were supposed to be slower paced in the country, but to me, it seems there's never a dull moment.
 
It was just about dark on Saturday night when JR and Reed came racing out of the barn at lightning speed screaming "SNAKE! SNAKE!"
 
The next thing I knew Kyle was flying out the barn with his kitten under his arm.
(He wasn't about to let that snake get near his kitten!)
 
Luckily Jason was in town, so Kyle and Reed took off with him for some snake hunting.  JR was in tears with fear and going nowhere near the snake area.
 
They found it crawling up the wall to the chicken house, ready for a chicken egg feast.
 
And here it is (thanks to Jason it's headless for the photo op) a 3-4 ft chicken snake.
 
Ewwwww!

I, of course, was telling the boys: get back, don't touch that snake, get away...
You can see how well they listen to me.
 

No comments: