Friday, September 20, 2013

Fashion Fabulous Friday


I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before (and if I have, I'll mention it again) but school doesn't start until 9:30 on Wednesdays so the teachers can plan.
 
(Why was this not in place when I was teaching?!)
 
 
Our school has different activities kids can take during that hour, so, if you want, you can go to school like it's a regular day, or you can sleep in an extra hour on Wednesdays.
 
 
My kids take activities, because, as I see it, I only have to drop them off in one location for 3 different things. 
It's a win-win.
 
 
JR takes a computer/robotics class (he took Chinese last year, but was the only kid to sign up this year so they cancelled it).
Reed takes an art class.
 
 
And Kyle takes Tae Kwon Do. (or as he calls Kai Twon Do.)
 
 
On Wednesday they earned their belts.
 
 
The excitement of a new fashion accessory that was earned because of punching and kicking is pretty much a dream come true for this one.



And if you don't think Kyle wore his belt to school that afternoon, then you've never met Kyle.
 
I had to put my foot down though, I wouldn't let him wear it to hockey that night.

No comments: