Thursday, March 27, 2014

At Least there was a Pac-Man Machine

The kids went to the dentist about a week ago, and they told me Kyle and Reed both had cavities.
He didn't want to fill them since they are so little, and said I should see a pediatric dentist.
 
I thought pediatric dentists were just for kids who were nampy-pampy scaredy cats, but I learned the hard way today that I was totally wrong.
 
 
The day started off great.  Look what greeted us in the waiting room!
 
 
I also thought the flat screens on the ceiling were a good sign of things to come.
 
 
When they called me back (I was in the waiting room playing Pac-Man) they gave me a huge good news/bad news situation.
 
Kyle didn't even have a cavity.
Okay, awesome.
 
Reed on the other hand....
 
The cavity he had filled in Denver was infected.  The dentist (in Denver) had gotten the filling into his nerve and his tooth was abscessed.
(She said she sees this all the time with dentists who aren't pediatric dentists.)
 
 
The tooth would have to come out, but he shouldn't loose that tooth for about 6 more years, so they'd need to put in a spacer to keep the other teeth around it straight until that time.
The tooth was so infected that if we didn't do anything today, he'd need to be on antibiotics.
 
 
And the cavity (the original reason why we were there) on the other side of his mouth was so deep that it might already be in the nerve, so after the filling, he might need a crown.
 
 
Thankfully once they got in there the cavity wasn't to the nerve, so it was just a filling.
He thinks his new spacer is pretty cool, and even better, the Tooth Fairy gets to visit.
 
 
But just check out this little face after his procedures.
Is this pitiful or what?
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that precious angel. MR

GS said...

Well, that face makes me want to cry. The way I hate dentists, I would have cried being in his place. What a big guy!