Sunday, April 27, 2014

I'm Average! I'm Average!

I'm so excited to be average I might just buy myself a little trophy and display it in the house!
If you've been following my blog then you'll know that for about the last 4 years "middle place" has been eluding me.
 
 
In my attempts to run (which have been off and on) I have never finished in the middle of the pack.
Well, finally, I can officially call myself "an average runner".

Just look at my results!
 
Okay, so overall I'm still not average (those men are too fast!), but I'm 90 women better than average in the female category, and I'm 13 better than average in my age group (which they clearly have wrong because I am not that old!)
 
 
The run was completely non eventful except that it was so humid and I was sweating so much that I finally had to take off my sunglasses because they kept slipping off my face.
 (Never had that problem in Colorado!)
 
 
And here I am after my big average race (Kyle was furious I didn't sign him up too, and I promised I would find a 10K for him to run soon).
 
Glowing in my average-ness, smiling a big average runner smile!
 
 
The kids ran the kids K, and Kyle was the big winner in the Ingersoll family competitors.
 
Kyle flexing his muscles at the starting line.


I told Reed he was going to need to let go of Daddy's hand to run.



I couldn't keep up with Kyle, so I'm not sure he's in this picture, he might have already crossed the finish line.  That's JR in the white shirt and orange hat. 


JR and Kyle with their finishers' medals.
 
 
Reed and Jason about to cross the finish line.
 
What a nice, average day.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are ajatCONGRATULATIONS all around! MR