Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Book Winner

The kids' school had a reading program over a 12 week period where if you read a certain amount of books you got to go to a pizza party, and if you read even more books, a free dress pass.
(My kids will do anything for pizza and a free dress pass.)
 
 
I wasn't even aware there was a contest for the top reader of the grade until I found out JR had won. (He read 15 books.)
Cause if I had known, I'd have made sure one of the other Ingersoll boys won for kindergarten.
 
 
We know for sure some of the girls in 4th grade read more than 15 books, but for some reason they didn't write their books down. Only 5 kids in the 4th grade turned in their reading sheets, so JR was the winner.
 
His prize was to have a book dedicated in his honor in the library.
Pretty cool!
 
 
I took these pictures off the schools' Twitter feed.
(Obviously the other winners were using their free dress passes.)


Here's JR at his pizza party, he's in the right hand picture in the very front.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for JR....and thanks to Mom for following directions (turning in his points)! MR