Friday, May 16, 2014

Fabulous Art Friday

It's amazing what you can find on Pinterest.  I searched "how to draw..." and about a million things popped up.
 
 
I made Reed his own little board, and started pinning pictures I thought he might like to draw.  Everyday he gets the ipad, goes to his Pinterest board, and starts drawing. But Reed has figured out how to go to other people's art boards, and from there he follows links to YouTube and watches drawing videos...because it's also amazing what you can find on YouTube.
 
 
As you'll see, it's crazy how much better he can draw when somebody shows and tells him what to do..Reed does love following directions.
 
 
He was so unimpressed with this turtle he didn't even Sharpie it, I had to ask him to color it because I thought it was so good.
 



He did like his hedgehog.
I was working with JR on homework when he brought it to me, and for minute I thought, he must have traced this.  But there's no way he could have; he drew it.



This one wasn't a video, just a picture. Still really good for a 6 year old, but you can see the difference.



Now here's what his drawings look like if he doesn't have a picture (or a tutorial) to follow. He brought this home from school.

Totally adorable llamas, right? Except...they aren't llamas, they're horses.
I told him to tell everyone they were llamas, but he's sticking with horses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought they were dinosaurs!!! Good artist when he can fool everyone!!! Good job!!

Anonymous said...

I love children's art. He is amazing at following directions, MR